A downloadable game
Growbot is a 2D point-and-click adventure game in which you play as Nara, a student growbot on her first day of captaincy training on board a space station. Before you can learn more about your new home's ecosystem of alien flowers and strange creatures, an attack by an unknown force infests the station with large and quickly growing crystals. Communication is cut off, and so you venture out of your room in search of your captain. Along the way you must make new friends, fix the station's strange machinery, and discover the origins of the crystalline force spreading throughout the station.
The game is inspired by classic adventure games like Loom, modern adventure games like Machinarium, and aims to appeal to both seasoned and new gamers. It is being developed in Unity for Windows and Mac.
When can you play it?
The game is more than half complete and I've been carrying out occasional alpha tests. If you'd like to be included in the next wave of testing, you can sign up to our mailing list at http://growbotgame.com/mailinglist We'll only ever email you about either playable test builds or the game being finished and released.
List of features:
- A story set aboard a space station populated by beautiful plants and starring a cast of strange alien creatures.
- Puzzles that are satisfying yet accessible to people of all ages, including those who are inexperienced with games.
- A beautiful world to explore, with world and characters drawn by an award-winning illustrator.
- Meet a fluffy white hologram called Star Belly with spaghetti arms and a universe in his tummy.
- Wonderful music by musician Jessica Fichot.
- IndieCade 2016 Digital Select.
In the news:
- Underwater artNov 09, 2017
- Floor 4 Development SketchesAug 29, 2017
- New Growbot Teaser TrailerJun 30, 2017
- More Gifs!Jun 28, 2017
- New GifsJun 27, 2017
- Starbelly and Wee Ted now have music!Jun 13, 2017
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.